Former Undergraduate Students
- Christopher Sarabalis—MEMS technology
- Matthew Overlin—electrospray-printed nanosystems
- Ayrton Munoz—electrospray-printed nanosystems
- Sharon Lin—3D-printed synthetic plant tissues
- Rachel Shen—3D-printed synthetic plant tissues
- Jordan Street—3D-printed synthetic plant tissues
- Zachary Pitcher—inkjet-printed electronics
- Maisha Prome—3D-printed synthetic plant tissues
- Andrea Garcia—3D-printed synthetic plant tissues
Former Master of Engineering Students
- Daniel Jang (EECS, February 2012)—“Carbon nanotube-based field ionization vacuum pump”. Currently Associate Staff at MIT Lincoln Laboratory (Lincoln MA, USA).
- Chen Dan Dong (EECS, September 2014)—“Scaling of ultrafast photon-triggered field emission cathodes composed of arrays of sharpened single-crystal Si pillars”. Currently Hardware Engineer at Oracle (Dallas TX, USA).
- Isabelle Liu (EECS, September 2022)—”Experiments to Improve Behavior of Electrowetting Surfaces in Microhydraulic Actuators”. Currently an engineer at Analog Devices (Boston MA, USA).
Former Master of Science Students
- Ella Field (MechE, September 2011)—“Batch-microfabricated miniaturized planar arrays of Langmuir probes for reentry plasma diagnostics and nanosatellites”. Currently Optical Coating Engineer at Sandia National Laboratories (Albuquerque NM).
- Vivi Jayanty (EECS, June 2012)—“Miniaturized electron-impact-ionization pumps using double-gated isolated vertically aligned carbon nanotube arrays”. Currently a client sales/business development manager, PT aCommerce Solusi Lestari (Jakarta, Indonesia)
- Philip Ponce de Leon (MechE, February 2015)—“Parallel nano-manufacturing via electro-hydrodynamic jetting from externally-fed emitter arrays”. Currently Senior Mechanical Engineer — Technology Leadership Development Program, Becton, Dickinson and Company (New York NY, USA).
- Ashley Beckwith (MechE, June 2018)—“Additive Manufacturing of Microfluidics for Evaluation of Immunotherapy Efficacy”. Currently an Activate Fellow (New York NY, USA).
- Yosef Kornbluth (MechE, June 2018)—“Focused Atmospheric-Pressure Microsputterer for Additive Manufacturing of Microelectronics Interconnects”. Currently a Packaging R&D Engineer at Intel (Phoenix AZ, USA).
- Zhumei Sun (MechE, June 2018)—“Exploration of Metal 3-D Printing Technologies for the Microfabrication of Freeform, Finely Featured, Mesoscaled Structures”. Currently a PhD student at MIT.
- Alejandro Diaz (EECS, February 2023)—“Through Iron & Ice: Searching for Sterile Neutrinos at the IceCube Neutrino Observatory”.
Former Master of Business Administration Students
- Vagn Knudsen Salazar (Sloan, June 2012); thesis title “Emerging trends in the satellite industry”. Currently Project Director – Playtomic (Spain)
Former PhD Students
- Eric Heubel (MechE, June 2014)—“Enhancing retarding potential analyzer energy measurements with micro-aligned electrodes”. Currently MITx Digital Learning Fellow, Office of Digital Learning, MIT, Cambridge MA.
- Brenda García Farrera (visiting student, Tecnológico de Monterrey, )—“Piezoelectric Thin Films for High Frequency Gravimetric Biosensors Through Additive Manufacture and Physical Vapor Deposition: A Comparison”. Currently Faculty at ITESM-CEM (Mexico)
- Yosef Kornbluth (September 2021)—“Microplasma-Enabled Sputtering of Nanostructured Materials for the Agile Manufacture of Electronic Components”; currently a packaging R&D engineer at Intel (Phoenix, AZ).
- Ashley Beckwith (MechE, February 2022)—”Rethinking Plant-Based Materials Production: Selective Growth of Tunable Materials Using Cell Culture Techniques”. Currently an Activate Fellow (New York NY, USA)
Former Postdoctoral Associates
- Xiaozhi Wang—CNT high electric field devices. Currently Associate Professor at Zhejiang University (China)
- Shuo Cheng—Microfabricated silicon-tip field emission cathodes for compact X-ray sources. Currently Senior Professional Staff at The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (Laurel MD, USA).
- Arash Fomani—MEMS vacuum pumps, space neutralizers. Currently Touch Architecture and Modeling Engineer at Apple (Cupertino CA, USA).
- Frances. A. Hill—MEMS multiplexed electrospray sources and NEMS Si cathodes for X-Ray generation. Currently a Research Scientist at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas CA, USA).
- Michael Swanwick—highly ordered vertical CNT growth with sub 100nm packing for ultracapacitors, high-current field emission devices with self-aligned extractor, and photo-assisted field emission from nanostructured silicon cathodes. Currently R&D Engineer at Creare (Hanover NH,USA).
- Anirban Basu—MEMS vacuum pumps and advanced X-ray generators. Currently Senior Lead Analyst at Infosys (Boston MA, USA)
- Daniel Olvera Trejo—3D-printed coaxial electrospray arrays, electrospun energy harvesters. Currently faculty at Tecnológico de Monterrey (Monterrey NL, Mexico).
- Ran Wang—MEMS enhanced catheter for aorta unclogging procedure. Currently Complex Analysis Engineer at GlobalFoundries (Albany NY, USA).
- Erika García-López—3D-printed electrospun nanofiber sources; currently faculty at Tecnológico de Monterrey (Monterrey, NL, Mexico).
- Chenye Yang—MEMS gas ionizers for miniaturized mass spectrometry; currently faculty at Shanghai University (China).
- Imperio Anel Perales Martinez—3D-printed field emission sources. Currently faculty at Tecnológico de Monterrey (Monterrey NL, Mexico).
- Emmanuel Segura Cárdenas—3D-printed metal microfluidics. Currently faculty at Tecnológico de Monterrey, (Monterrey NL, Mexico).
- Dulce Melo Máximo—3D-printed electrospray sources. Currently faculty at Tecnológico de Monterrey (Monterrey NL, Mexico).
- Javier Izquierdo Reyes—3D-printed plasma diagnostics. Currently faculty at Tecnológico de Monterrey (Monterrey NL, Mexico).
- Hanjoo Lee—Fabricating metal matrix nanocomposites. Currently a Senior Researcher at